Welcome

Do not attempt to adjust your screen. You are about to be taken on a journey. A journey (hopefully) unlike any you have ever taken before. A journey into the mind and ramblings of a man, an ordinary man. And yet, maybe not so ordinary. A journey into... the Twili...

CUT!! Hold It!! Get that guy outta here!!

Sorry about that folks. Welcome to Inner Workings - a blog of various and sundry thoughts, questions, and quirkiness. I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Which Way to the Lions?

Sorry for the dry spell folks.  I got called in to deal with some trouble overseas.  Fortunately, ole Hosn-, I mean, the center of the trouble saw reason after I set him down for some neighborly talk, and, well, there's some hope now.  I certainly didn't expect to get lost in my own territory on my return though.  I mean, one minute I'm walking through the door looking for that drink from the Little Lady, and the next thing I know I'm being attacked by a polar bear.

You read that right, a polar bear.  It seems my Buddy is quite the fan of Diego. Now, I don't have anything wrong with that.  You could do worse than him, I mean, have you seen some of the other options out there? Anyhow, in addition to being a fan, Buddy also likes to act out parts of the shows.  One time, he ran down the street with a shovel in his hand yelling, "To the Rescue! Al Rescate!" on his way to help a neighbor dig out her driveway.  Uber cool, but it doesn't stop there.

He's also taken to being various animals.  The fun part is never knowing which animal will show up to dinner and which will show up at bedtime.  One time, we had a polar bear at dinner, a lion cub outside, and a puppy dog at bed time.  Don't get me wrong, I like animals, but do you have any idea how tough it is to keep food on hand for that many different animals.  And let's not forget the dinosaur.  It is quite an adventure though, never knowing if I'll be gobbled up by a dinosaur, tackled by a polar bear, or run down by a lion.  So far I've managed to escape each encounter more or less in one piece, but who knows if I'll be this lucky in the future.  It's almost as hairy as that time when I had to troubleshoot over in Eastern Europe back in the 80s.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for that dang drink.

1 comment: